2007年11月9日金曜日

Kansai Gaidai School Festival

So Kansai Gaidai had its school festival last weekend, and here are some photos that I took of things that I thought were interesting...


The international fashion show consisted of students from about five or six different countries. The students featured here, obviously, are from Japan. Other countries that participated were from America, Canada, and Egypt. An announcer explained the purposes of the different traditional costumes. All in all it was pretty interesting.
More information about kimono and other traditional costumes of Japan can be found here: http://www.japanesekimono.com/


The high light of the festival, for me, was the live house that the folk music club put together. Throughout both days of the festival, they had cover bands playing music. Most of the covers were of Western rock acts, like Queen or My Chemical Romance. The one in the photo, however, was a cover band of X Japan, one of the more well known rock acts from Japan. It sort of bothers me that Japanese kids pay more attention to the American rock scene than their own, but at the same time, I know many Americans (myself included) who are more interested in the Japanese scene than their own.
As for the cover band, they did a great job of doing X Japan justice. It was cool to see that they haven't been forgotten.
X Japan's official site can be found here: http://www.xjapan.ne.jp/

1 件のコメント:

visual gonthros さんのコメント...

Can you hotlink the web site addresses? I am too busy to type, cut and/or paste...